Do you want to be a key employee on a young and nimble team on the verge of an epic agtech focused adventure? Look no further.
ONNA is on a mission to build a more resilient and transparent food system. Our vertical farms and controlled environment technology will reduce the environmental burden and negative externalities of food production. In parallel, we seek to increase Nordic food independence in the face of climate change - and disrupt global food production.
Put shortly, vertical farming is an extremely efficient cultivation technology for lettuces and herbs. By growing plants inside, in a fully controlled environment, you can optimize for the ideal combination of climate, lights, nutrition and water. Without using pesticides or other pesky chemicals. Our farms are stacked vertically, ensuring a much greater yield per area and the opportunity to produce food closer to urban centres. As a result, ONNA facilitates the consumption of locally produced, nutritious vegetables while simultaneously reducing food waste through the supply chain. Our first farm will be in operation toward the end of 2021, and we plan to expand throughout the Nordics in the coming years.
We are doing something that has never been done before in Norway, and as a result we are weighting mindset and personality equally to previous experience. This is a great opportunity to take responsibility and grow within the company quickly. As we say at ONNA: The only way is up!
As our Farm Manager you are excited about our mission and the opportunity to take overall responsibility for our first farm, and make this lean green salad machine to a great workplace for the growing ONNA team. More specifically, this is what you will do:
You will be responsible for leading a team of +5 Key Farm Staff, and +20 crop support staff, planning and execution of ONNA’s farm operational processes, and P&L overviews and optimization within a food safe environment to achieve predictable and adaptable harvests.
Due to the criticality of this role, you will report directly to the Chief Product Officer.
The Farm Manager will be responsible for a variety of farm-wide activities:
- Lead the ONNA Farm#1 Team – consisting of our Growing Teams in Cultivation Rooms, Processing Teams in the Packaging Rooms, and Facility Technician
- Develop the ONNA Farm#1 Team – train, develop and support your direct reports and their teams to promote a highly effective, efficient, professional, positive and engaging work environment
- Planning the ONNA Farm#1 Team – work closely with your manager and your team to plan and control production processes and capacities, operations planning
- Take ownership of employee scheduling, stock management, and provide your team with the tools and support they need to succeed within the allocated budgets
- Compliance Control – ensure that specification-compliant quality is maintained and delivered, taking into account the agreed service level
- Ensure compliance with legal and company regulations, especially in the areas of food production and occupational health and safety
- Farm#1 Optimizations – work closely with your manager to optimize relevant performance indicators based on a structured improvement program
- Coordinate and manage projects, such as the introduction of new product types
- Develop & Refine the Farm#1 Operating Dashboard
- Identify and implement software tools to increase farm operating efficiency
- Stakeholder Management – Managing all relevant stakeholders, being local government, neighbors, landlords, main & sub-contractors, technology providers, utility providers, farm product suppliers, fresh produce transport companies, clients' representatives
- P&L account – Take ownership of the Profit & Loss account of Farm#1
- Future Farm Development – Work closely with ONNA’s wider team members to develop new projects within time and budget
Your workplace will be in Moss. Some travel will be required.
Who are you?
You are solution oriented and structured, and you have integrity and a vast experience as a manager within relevant production industries. You deliver on time without compromising on quality, customer service or being nice. Furthermore, we think these qualifications will help you grow and thrive as our Farm Manager:
- You have experience running high tech greenhouses, indoor vertical farms, FMCG manufacturing or high care fresh food processing factories
- Technology, fact driven data, and automatization generally excite you
- You are passionate about improving standards, and willing to challenge existing processes
- You have documented experience as a leader with responsibility for results
- You are familiar with HSE standards and regulations
- You have experience from an environment where disciplined process, product quality, on-time deliveries and attention to detail is paramount
- You have industry knowledge and keep abreast of industry trends and innovations in farming
- You have knowledge/experience of leading a team to run a safe and profitable operation, interpreting their real time and historical data to meet daily and weekly production plans
- Fluency in Norwegian and a professional level in English
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), at a minimum
- Relevant education on Bachelor level. Relevant experience can compensate for this.
What can we offer you?
- Professional challenges within a high growth technology company
- An awesome team of inspired and excited colleagues
- Significant room for professional growth and the opportunity to take on a lot of responsibility and ownership for the right person
- Convenient location in Moss
- Competitive salary
- ONNA is a company for the future
- We are ambassadors for change
- Rebellious acts inspire us
- We work TOGETHER
- Our products are extremely local – and that is our strength
- We help people make educated choices
- We believe, to the very core of our being, in a more sustainable tomorrow
This is a full-time position, and ONNA is ready for the right candidate to start ASAP.
Please send your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will process applications as we receive them.
Questions? Please contact Head of People Operations, Iselin Tapper (+47 404 84 263) or CPO Reinier Wolterbeek (+31 6 4975 2152).