Do you want to be a key employee on a young and nimble team on the verge of an epic AgTech adventure? Look no further.
ONNA is on a mission to build a more resilient and transparent food system. Our vertical farms and controlled environment technology will reduce the environmental burden and negative externalities of food production. In parallel, we seek to increase Nordic food independence in the face of climate change - and disrupt global food production.
Put shortly, vertical farming is an extremely efficient cultivation technology for lettuces and herbs. By growing plants inside, in a fully controlled environment, you can optimize for the ideal combination of climate, lights, nutrition and water. Without the use of pesticides or other pesky chemicals. Our farms are stacked vertically, ensuring a much greater yield per area and the opportunity to produce food closer to urban centres. As a result, ONNA facilitates the consumption of locally produced, nutritious vegetables while simultaneously reducing food waste through the supply chain. Our first Farm will be in commercial operation early 2022, and we plan to expand throughout the Nordics in the coming years.
We see people as the enablers for our technology and delicious fresh produce. For more information about us, visit www.weareonna.no
Our Grower will play a key role in production and operations at our lean, green, salad machine in Moss. You will be responsible for the planning and execution of ONNA’s seed to harvest processes, managing recipes across multiple leafy & herb crops within a food safe environment and leading ONNA’s operational team to achieve predictable and adaptable harvests.
This will be a very hands-on role. You will make sure that our salads are the freshest, cleanest, crunchiest and flavorfullest by championing quality demands whilst managing sharp and sound operations. You will work close with our Head of Agronomy, Team Lead and crop labourers.
More specifically, your responsibilities will cover a range of areas:
Leafy Greens & Herbs Production:
- Refine seeding and growing tasks to produce predictable high yield fresh produce
- Coordinate equipment, raw materials, processing tools, training and resource balancing to meet daily seeding, transplanting and harvesting schedules
- Monitor and adjust irrigation, nutrient, lighting and climate to grow a uniform crop, and optimize plant health and output
- Make sure that our operation is squeaky clean and that we are complying to all relevant hygiene, HACCP and HSE regulations, as well as internal policies Conduct 24-7 farm grow cycle scheduling and coverage to ensure no farm disruption; plan and manage labour schedules in line with growth cycle schedule; support in optimizing production plans and product portfolios
- Assist in the maintenance of the Food Safety and Quality system
- Support projects related to automatization of our Farm
- Keep abreast of industry trends and innovations in growing strategies
This is a full-time role located in Moss, Norway. Work on weekends and holidays will be on a rotating schedule. Due to restrictions and policies within the field of plant cultivation and harvesting, you will need to wear provided working clothes.
WHO ARE YOU?
We are doing something that has never been done before in Norway, and as a result we are weighting mindset and personality equally to previous experience. We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced energetic environment, and also wants responsibility and ownership in a company that is being built from the bottom up.
So whether you are an experienced plant whisperer OR an operational manager who can learn fast, hit apply!
You are solution oriented and structured, and you have passion for plants, production and innovation. You are a team player who delivers on time without compromising on quality. Furthermore, we think these qualifications will help you thrive as our Grower:
- Experience from a medium tech greenhouse, preferably from growing leafy greens or herbs
- A track record in operational execution
- Experience in an environment where disciplined process, product quality, on-time deliveries and attention to cleanliness is paramount
- Knowledge of Food Safety - understanding of scheduling processes, tools, early identification of pest & diseases, cleaning techniques, and behavior to meet and exceeds food safety requirements
- Fluent in Norwegian or professional level in English
- Well familiar with Microsoft Office
- Agtech trends and innovation of new growing technologies excite you
- Adequate professional BSc education to meet the requirements of this position from e.g., plant science or operations
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
- Professional challenges within a high growth technology food company
- An awesome team of inspired and excited colleagues
- Lots of salad
- Significant room for professional growth and the opportunity to take on a lot of responsibility and ownership for the right person
- Convenient location in Moss
ONNA’s CORE VALUES:
- ONNA is a company for the future
- We are ambassadors for change
- Rebellious acts inspire us
- We work TOGETHER
- Our products are extremely local-and that is our strength
- We help people make educated choices
- We believe, to the very core of our being, in a more sustainable tomorrow
This is a full-time position, and ONNA is ready for the right candidate to start ASAP.
Please send your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will process applications as we receive them.
Questions? Please contact Head of People Operations, Iselin Tapper (+47 404 84 263)