Do you want to join us revolutionizing the food industry? Do you want to be a key employee on a young and nimble team on the verge of an epic consumer focused adventure? Look no further.
ONNA is on a mission to build a more resilient and transparent food system. Our vertical farms and controlled environment technology will reduce the environmental burden and negative externalities of food production. In parallel, we seek to increase Nordic food independence in the face of climate change - and disrupt global food production.
Put shortly, vertical farming is an extremely efficient cultivation technology for lettuces and herbs. By growing plants inside, in a fully controlled environment, you can optimize for the ideal combination of climate, lights, nutrition and water. Without using pesticides or other pesky chemicals. Our farms are stacked vertically, ensuring a much greater yield per area and the opportunity to produce food closer to urban centers. As a result, ONNA facilitates the consumption of locally produced, nutritious vegetables while simultaneously reducing food waste through the supply chain. Our first farm will be in operation toward the end of 2021, and we plan to expand throughout the Nordics in the coming years.
We are doing something that has never been done before in Norway, and as a result we are weighting mindset and personality equally to previous experience. This is a great opportunity to assume responsibility and grow within the company quickly. As we say at ONNA: The only way is up!
As ONNA’s new Head of Operation & Maintenance, you will be responsible for all technical support during operation, including the maintenance and care of our farm according to defined processes and quality standards. You will work closely with our Growers and the management team.
What will you do?
The position requires a person with a Heating, Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) technical background and practical experience. Due to the technical design of our systems, you will solve technical problems related to pipes, pumps, valves, HVAC, irrigation systems, LED lamp units, control systems, packaging lines and fans. Some of the tasks involve chemical handling. You will assume significant responsibility starting Day 1:
- Solve any technical problems that may arise related to pipes, pumps, valves, HVAC, LED lamps, irrigation systems, washing machines, seeding machines, packaging lines, and control systems and fans
- Liaise with tech and machinery suppliers as required to rectify more serious issues and to arrange for maintenance and servicing. Act as the contact person for the supplier’s maintenance teams
- Implement and drive maintenance software to ensure that all maintenance work done by ONNA or external contractors is registered and properly documented
- Help identify, report on and solve basic software issues (training will be provided and more complex software support will be given)
- Develop, review and follow a defined workflow and maintenance schedule within defined budgets
- Use our reporting system to log your work and any issues with the farm to our head office
- Develop a smart spares stock plan, to support the highest uptime, and to keep inventory low
- Develop & Support Technical Improvement Plans to increase quality and volume of our fresh produce, and reduce stress on manual labour
- Monitor the technical dashboards of the Farm, and help identify, report on and solve basic software issues
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others by following Health and Safety legislation and guidelines
The location is in Moss, on a Full-Time permanent basis. Please note that you should be able to perform on call duty over the weekend in a rotating schedule (approximately once per month).
Who are you?
You are known for your proactiveness and solution-oriented approach. You have an eye for detail, and enjoy solving technical problems. Furthermore, to succeed in the role as Head of Operation & Maintenance, you have:
- Experience as a HVAC craftsman and strong technical background in mechanical, electrical and/or plumbing engineering, with a keen interest in control software and all associated certificates
- Worked in an environment where disciplined process, product quality, on-time deliveries and attention to detail is paramount
- Fluency in Norwegian and proficiency in English
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), at a minimum
- Driving license and valid working permit
- Availability to be ‘on call’ for weekends
- Adequate professional education to meet the requirements of this position, or relevant and adequate experience to compensate
- Confidence and comfort in working alone as well as part of a team
- Ability to adapt and respond to change, and manage pressure and adversity
- Confidence and presence to work with junior and senior members of the ONNA team
- Forklift, Scissor lift, and working at height licenses are a plus
- Genuine excitement for ONNA’s mission. You want to work on something meaningful that is aligned with your values
What can we offer you?
- Professional challenges within a high growth technology company
- An awesome team of inspired and excited colleagues
- Significant room for professional growth and the opportunity to take on a lot of responsibility and ownership
- Convenient location in Moss
- Competitive salary
- ONNA is a company for the future
- We are ambassadors for change
- Rebellious acts inspire us
- We work TOGETHER
- Our products are extremely local-and that is our strength
- We help people make educated choices
- We believe, to the very core of our being, in a more sustainable tomorrow
This is a full-time position, and ONNA is ready for the right candidate to start ASAP.
Please apply using the link before October 15th.
We will process applications as we receive them.
Questions? Please contact Head of People Operations, Iselin Tapper (+47 404 84 263) or CPO Reinier Wolterbeek (+31 6 4975 2152).